Thursday, January 26, 2012

Lucky Ball Boy

I have wonderful friends. They truly are amazing. They look out for the boys and I and help keep us busy on Wednesday nights when I have the kids and they are supposed to be elsewhere. They have come up with some great activities so the thought of "Where's Dad?" doesn't even come up. Last night we did something really fun. Hyrum had the opportunity to help my friend who is a athletic trainer be a ball boy at the soccer game. At first he was nervous with the thought of going out by the players and running around, but he lives for soccer and watching him out there he was in his element. He was running up and down the sidelines chasing after out of bounds balls and pretending to kick. It was heaven for him for the night. During half time he loved being able to run out on the field and gave the crown a little half time show slipping and sliding around. He ran the entire field and up into the bleachers. The grin on his face will be forever ingrained in my mind. He is hoping to be able to do it again soon!

*None of the pictures are that great, my camera is lost in the house somewhere I have yet to find but I felt this post deserved the pictures even though they are not the clearest.*

Hey Mom!
If you look straight up the fence post to the other side of the field, Hyrum is standing there.
Half time enjoying the 50 yard line.

When the game was over Kaden and Quinten were allowed to run out on the field too.  As the game was winding down, Kaden kept asking how many minutes until I get a turn out there.  When he finally got a turn he was tired and wanted to be held most of the time.  Quinten however who had been almost asleep perked right up and was out there with Hyrum working on football tackles.  I love the special relationship that my kids have together.  Kaden has learned the term "best friend" this week and he says that Hyrum and Tin Tin are his best friends forever and ever!

Thanks Kim for the fun night, Heather and I enjoyed a good soccer game too!

No comments: