Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ice cold Lemonade

This week has been large trash pick up in or neighborhood.  People are throwing away everything.  People could seriously furnish their house from my neighborhood including a piano!  Well Monday after school I took Hyrum & Alec around in my van to see what others hadn't already picked up.  We found a treasure.  Well to these people it was worthless junk but to us it was fabulous.  It just needed a fresh coat of paint.  We loaded it up into the back of my van and went the 2 blocks home and unloaded it into the front yard and the boys immediately got to work painting it with some leftover paint from my garage.  They turned the old rolling computer cart into a lemonade and Popsicle stand.  The old back was their new front with the lemonade sign and where the old cpu tower and printer should have sat they store their cash and lemonade supplies.  I had found a small picnic umbrella on clearance at the end of last summer to use for this very purpose.  We cup hooked it to the side, well actually we traded with the construction worker next door since our drill was down, but the idea was there.  Their first day of business they made over $15 in the first hour without any advertisement on facebook!  They are excited to make the money and I am grateful that clean up was a breeze, they just had to roll it back up into the garage ready for the next time they are feeling like they need something to do.



sorry for the crummy picture, it's from my iphone

1 comment:

Myndie said...

What a great idea!! I love that you can just roll it in the garage, too.