Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Glasses for Kade Man

Today I took the boys to the eye doctor.  It turns out that Kaden's eyes are bad, I had no clue. He hasn't complained once other then the occasional eye rubbing which I thought was just because he was tired.  He looks so sophisticated with them on.  Getting him used to always having glasses on his face even though he enjoys actually being able to see is going to be a challenge.  I am going to have to get him used to washing his hands before he smudges them all up.
Here he is picking them up from the store noticing all the letters on the signs.
Tonight after bed I asked him to smile like he loves his Aunt Heidi and this is what he did. He said I love Aunt Heidi like I love my boogers!  This picture just shows his personality right now.  I am glad to figure out this next puzzle piece in his life to help him be able to succeed more in life.  

Today in school was a major milestone.  Kaden decided to stand up with kids in his class and participate in the big group activity.  It is so fun to watch him push his own limits as he becomes more and more aware of himself and the fun that can come from not being quite so shy.

**UPDATE on the 21st, 4 days after getting his glasses he already has managed to snap off an ear piece, scratch both lenses, and bend the heck out of the frame.  I took him to get his glasses fixed and the frames are bent again. I think we will be returning them looking for a different style of glasses even though they do look super cute on him. **

1 comment:

rawhide said...

glad to know he loves me!!!! even if its like his boogers.