Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I know this is my blog and it is hard to have a discussion on here but I was just wondering what other people thought the difference between a lie and a half truth are? The person claiming they were telling half truths refused to "fill in the details" though. I heard this a lot tonight as I was sitting waiting to see a doctor tonight.

To me they are the same thing but maybe someone else has some good insight I haven't thought of. I'm sick of the lies and trail of deceit.

Also I'm grateful though I have made some mistakes posting some unkind things on my blog, though not lies, that I have erased them a short time later. Turns out Hyrum enjoys reading my blog and checking out different Facebook profiles. I'm glad I don't have to answer to him as to why people are making the choices that they are and posting unhappy thoughts about his parents splitting up. It's been neat to see him excited about the funny things he does that I notice and post. He says I never knew you were watching me then mom. Maybe you do really know everything! I wonder how old he will be until he realizes I just have good reasoning skills.

2 comments:

Leilani G said...

A half truth is still not the whole truth. They don't put people under oath in court and ask them to tell the half truth, and only half. There is a difference between softening the truth and just plain hiding something. There are always nicer ways to say something. Many times the truth hurts, but you don't have to be rude or mean to still be truthful. I think it's interesting that so many people think leaving out part of the truth is kind. That being said, I don't think sharing every detail is necessary. Leaving out integral parts is as good as lying though. I have a lot of experience with watching others give half truths--I was never fooled; I still always thought they were lying.

Friend in the Gospel said...

How do you know which person is telling the lie?