Monday, January 23, 2012

COURAGE

Life has thrown my boys and I more than a few curve balls these last few months.  I can often be heard joking, what's next?  Some of the things that have happened my good friend says, you just can't make these things up!  The small moments that I have allowed myself to be weighted down by life's burdens have been few and far between.  Instead I have chosen to try to push through this with courage.  I have been given wonderful advice that has often come to mind when things get hectic.  "Remember it all works out in the end.  If it isn't working out then obviously it isn't the end."  

As odd as it sounds, I am thankful for these trials in my life.  I believe that before I came to my life on this Earth that I was shown the trials and blessings that would be faced before me and yet I still had the courage to come here.  I don't remember everything I was shown because a veil was placed before my eyes, but I know that if I am courageous and keep trying that I will be blessed.

This year my word to focus on is Courage.  I want to help my kids be courageous in the process of life and not be afraid to keep living and trying new things.  I want us to still travel and explore the world and meet new people.  Sometimes we may not always like where our well laid plans lead us, but I want to teach them courage to move on to plan B or plan C.  President Boyd K. Packer said "You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you."

Last year my word was patience.  Let's just say I will not be praying for more opportunities to learn patience for a long long time after these last few months. :) To have patience, yes, but not for trials to learn more patience.

No comments: