Sunday, January 29, 2012

I love going to church and watching my boys in their classes. Hyrum switched to senior primary this year since he will be turning 8 next month. His teacher is fun and a creative thinker and I love how she brings the scripture stories to life for the kids.  Today they acted out Nephi breaking his bow. 

Kaden's teachers are a perfect fit for him. I am amazed how easily the transition has been for him going from nursery to sunbeams has been. He loves being with the big kids and learning singing the primary songs. He will surprise me at night when I'm singing to them good night and sing along sometimes.  This kid still doesn't get a joke though, it's been hard after Hyrum's witty sense of humor to have a kid who doesn't get it sometimes.

Quinten enjoys nursery. According to his teachers his favorite time is snack time and hug the teacher time. At the end of nursery before they leave they are supposed to give their teachers a hug. Quinten sprints across the room for their hugs. It's great that he doesn't cry when he is dropped off in nursery because he cries with everyone else when I am out of sight.  When we are sitting in sacrament meeting he notices his teachers and sometimes wanders over to their laps.  I'm truly grateful for this!

I am getting into a better routine these days.  I am getting back into my projects and finding lots of great books to read.  We hardly turn the tv on and are outside doing projects or riding bikes if we are not running to appointments of picking someone up from school.  The last few days my kids have decided that sleeping all night long is a great idea again so as long as I get myself to bed on time I am not a walking zombie.  I am tired of the limbo mode that this time in life has forced me to be in but am excited to be living every day and making plans for the future.  This winter has been mild and I am truly thankful for that, I am not a fan of the gray, gloomy winter days that sometimes hit Texas in the winter. We have a busy week ahead and I am hoping for a break this weekend before big changes come to our house yet again.... more details on that soon.

No comments: