Sunday, January 27, 2013

Remember

I was sitting in church today with my boys, they are doing so well these days.  They have been blessed to be able to come with me 3 weeks in a row to church.  We are so lucky!  I got choked up as I sat in the back row with my boys singing Because I Have Been Given Much.

This year my word to focus on is REMEMBER.
Remember the good, remember the bad, remember you are who you are because of all that you experience.  Remember that it is the little things that make up the big things.  Remember that you are loved, taken care of, and watched over.  Remember that there are so many people praying for you and your boys.  Remember that you have 3 wonderful boys entrusted to you who need consistency and encouragement.  They crave love and attention and positive.  Remember that other people do not always know all the details and you yourself don't always know all the details either.  

This last month my life has taken a spin and I have been taken for a pretty incredible ride.  I have been able to see what life is like with just me and the boys.  No interruptions. I have loved seeing how the boys have changed.  I have enjoyed my time with them and planning activities to keep us busy.  Seeing the smiles on their faces and the sparkle in their eyes is something that can never be made up for.  With kids, you can't make up for lost time.

School started last week for me and the first few days I felt like I was overwhelmed.  A deer in headlights.  Now that the week is over and I look back, the comedy of errors is mostly due to my own lack of preparing for school to start.  This semester I am taking 16 hours.  Two classes are support classes for physical therapy and three are kinesiology classes for my major.  I have three classes that require exercise five days a week and logging my food intake as a part of my grade.  I think there is a reason this is all happening now after my medical tests of the last few months.  It is time to get my buns back into shape and keep up the healthy lifestyle changes I have made over the last year.  I am signing up this week for another fun 5k with some friends for April.  Local friends, maybe I will see you there again??

No comments: