Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas

Christmas this year was at my house.  All but my mom and Heidi were able to make it.  We had 16 people plus Tia's dog at the house.  It was definitely full, but loads of fun.  The pictures are in random order.
I got the boys a trampoline.  The backyard isn't big enough for the traditional round, so I found a rectangle at an amazing price.  It was not supposed to show up until Christmas Eve but the FedEx man delivered it the Saturday before.  It ended up being a good thing because it was a beast to put together and got lots of use while all the cousins were here.
TinTin loves Uncle Stu
Tia & Stu got all the boys headlamps for Christmas.  They were having a fun time playing with them in the dark.
Tia is the Monopoly player of the family, and Hyrum was enjoying having others to play board games with.  He is definitely a Buchanan when it comes to playing games.  To say he loves them is an understatement.
The stockings were hung on the entertainment center with care.....  when you don't have a chimney, improvise!
Stu squirrel hunting, AKA testing out the goods that Santa left behind making sure they would be ok for the morning when the boys got up to play.  
Wake up Aunt Tia & Uncle Stu, it's Christmas!
It is always fun to see the notes left behind for the boys in the morning.  Tia & Stu had fun with it this year.  Hyrum was cracking up when he read it, I wish I could have got a picture of his face.  8 years old and he still believes!
Quinten got a trophy from Santa, just what he asked for when I took them to sit on his lap.  What 3 year old asks for a trophy from Santa....mine!
I had taken the boys out to pick a present for the babysitter and Hyrum found the "perfect" present for me.  He hid it behind his back and paid for it by himself.  He had Aunt Heather help him wrap it up and  he decided what to write on it.  In case you were wondering, the perfect present for me happens to be a pink fork, knife, spoon combo that looks like a pocket knife.  Thanks Hyrum, I love it!  Hopefully you get to go on a trip with me to use it.
Jenna and her love for bendy straws earned her a big box of them, now she doesn't have to go through the drive thru asking for them. 
Estella was happy with her Christmas spoils as well.
More board games, of course Hyrum was in heaven.
Christmas morning after the presents were opened we had a long nerf gun fight at the house.  The boys each got new guns, so they were thrilled to get to use them and even have the bullets downstairs.  Uncle Stu had the little 3 on his team and they all battled against Hyrum.  I am not sure who won in the end, but they were all having a great time.

Yet again, more board games.  It seems to be what my family does when we all get together, go out and play and stay in and play games.

*I somehow managed to not get a picture of Brenda, Robbie, April, or a decent one of Heather.  Sorry guys!*

1 comment:

rawhide said...

Looks like fun.....wish I could have been there! Next year...