Thursday, January 10, 2013

My hardest struggle

My hardest struggle is when my three ring circus packs up for the night to go visit their dad.
Welcome to Wednesday nights in my bed!  The night before they take off they usually manage to talk me into a slumber party in my bed.  Thursday nights are Kyle's night.  If it is his weekend then he gets them Thursday at 6pm through Sunday at 6pm.  If it is my weekend he gets them Thursday at 6pm until they go to school the next morning.
Let me explain a little bit more so that you understand.
I am the first to admit that there are times that I need a break from my boys, any parent who tells you that they do not need a break from their kids at times is fooling themselves.  It doesn't need to be a long break, but there are times when a little adult interaction is needed and a chance to go to the restroom without little fingers pushing notes under the door.
And that is my news for the evening.  The slumber party was in vain though because I had them for tonight.  It is still a fun tradition that we have at the moment and it works for us!

1 comment:

rawhide said...

are there 3 boys on that bed?!? ha.