Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hello 2013!

I think I have finally updated this with the happenings from the last month.  I am glad that we are in a new year.  2012 has been wonderful to be and the boys, but I am glad for it to be over and see what 2013 brings.  It started out with my being really sick in Houston.  I seem to be lucky on the getting sick times when my boys are gone.  I guess if I have to be sick, at least I am not trying to find people to take care of the boys, it could be much worse.  Over the last 2 months I have had a new team of doctors working on me.  It all started back with getting kidney stones back in October....  I have had the gamut of tests run to check for a myriad of things.  The one that was most concerning to be was diabetes, I have had several of the signs and symptoms of diabetes as well as a family history of it.  They checked my thyroid and many other things.  I had doctors tell me that they were 85% sure before the blood work came back that they believed I had it.  Today though, I was given a clean bill of health and told that everything looks good.  So the mysterious ailments that I have had lately seem to be coming from nowhere medically found and hopefully they leave me alone now that the blood work is here to prove it!  

The boys all came home with pink eye, so their break has been extended while I give them drops and hope for the goop to disappear.  I am enjoying this time with them though as it seems like I did not get to spend very much time with them and was only allowed to talk to them once.  These last few days have been great enjoying them and getting well.  We have managed to play many board games, make treats, and stay up late.  After tonight though, I am ready to get back to a normal routine and have school start for me (it doesn't start until the 22nd) and get back into a more normal routine.

Last semester I with the help of many managed to pull off straight A's!  It was a major feat for me and it was nice to know that all the late nights and early mornings were worth it.  Now I hope to be able to do the same next semester.  On top of my full time job as a mom and student, and my want for play time, I am going to be squeezing in time for studying for the GMAT as well.  It is a good thing that I am at a stage in my life where I enjoy and thrive on learning new things!

No comments: