Wednesday, May 2, 2012

There are times when I have felt like this in my life. The escalator to the right that goes up is closed announcing to everyone do not enter, the escalator in the middle coming down inviting anyone at the top to come down, and finally the stairs to the left allowing anyone who wants to put forth effort to climb either direction and get to their destination.  This was my view at the airport late Sunday night as I wanted to pick up a friend.  My mind seems to have gotten analytical lately.  It can be fun but also annoying.  I am just grateful to have a brain that thinks and feels and ponders the meaning or life sometimes.  I will spare you all my thoughts for the night, I am tired and thinking of way to many other things to make any of the important things make any sense.

I have focused lately on getting myself ready and into school in the fall. I have figured out the program and am waiting for the classes to open up so I can register for them.  We have settled into our new house and are starting to have a routine again.  We are going to the pool frequently, though the water is too cold for my liking it is fun to see the boys get in and explore and Kaden to be adventurous.  Hyrum is a fish and all over the place. Quinten still shivers because there is not an ounce of fat on his little body.  We are counting down the days until school is out and we get to go on our trip.  Hyrum is learning cursive in school. He is getting so tall as well. Today Kaden graduated from his school. He will keep going until the end of the school year, but thanks to his many wonderful teachers he has met all of his goals!  Quinten talks up a storm and is very independent. He also loves calling everyone "meanie head" or "poo poo head" and thinks its the ultimate insult.  The boys are wanting to go on dates with me more and I have to laugh at the little songs that they sing to me in the car.  

Today I was in the dressing room at Target trying on a few things, and Kaden starts singing "I'm sexy and I know it!" at the top of his lungs. He has no clue what the words mean but he knows the song and it was just impeccable his timing on singing the song. When I went out to return the clothes and give my number back, the man said, so I take it you liked what you tried on? Fun times, fun times with my boys.  We have our challenges but it's the small what could be insignificant moments that make me laugh and enjoy getting through the week. The smiles on their faces when then realize I really was listening to them while doing 20 other things which needed to be done. I LOVE being a mother. The late at night snuggles when all they want me for ME to hold them and be their pillow let me know that I am important to them.

No comments: