Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Match Maker Match Maker Make Me a Match

So usually I am a pretty positive person, this post will not be that.  Skip it if you don't want to hear me complain.

I am tired of being taking a look at my body and starting to talk to me and asking about me and when they find out that I have 3 kids looking at me like I am a crazy freak!  Granted, it makes the decision of whether or not I want to keep talking to the person much easier, even makes me question do I even want to get to know the person as a friend.  I am also tired of being told that it only takes one person to change a person from single to married but really, I don't want to hear it.  I know that is true.

I am not going to keep it a secret that I have kids.  I am a package deal.  You get me, you get them.  I don't feel it is right to spring that information on a person after going out with them a few times.  Plus, I love my boys and am proud to be their mother.  They are a part of me.

I am not in a rush to get married, I've been there, done that, but I would like to date and have fun and be wanted for more than my body.  I do not like being propositioned and chased after and fear what can happen to me.  I am grateful for friends who get me out of tricky situations though.  Don't et me wrong, looks are an important factor in dating but they are not everything.  Personality pays a big part as well.

I am more selective though and I can't "date down" so much.  I have an 8 year old.  I am worried that potentially someone could want me to hurt my kids.  That is a very real fear to me.

Like I said in my last post, a new standard has been set, the bar has been significantly raised.  I am so thankful for this, but it makes things even more complicated.  I am thankful to know what I one day can have and more!  I am thankful for this trip with my boys to be able to focus on myself and them and hopefully get over my own feelings.

So I guess what I have to say is I am single, and know that I need to network, there are tons of people who read my blog and never comment.  If you know of anyone who you think I might connect with, please let me know.  And if you happen to know someone who is in my situation, do them a favor and have fun playing match maker.  I have set up a few friends in the past, and it really can be a fun experience even if it doesn't work out in the end.

And if you don't hear from me in awhile, we are starting our vacation tomorrow.  It has been cut short as people only think of themselves, but we are determined to make the best of the time that we have.  I will be back Father's Day weekend and would love to make some new friends and possibly go on a few dates.  I should be ready by then.

Judge me how you may, these are my honest thoughts tonight.

Oh, and the picture above was taken this last weekend.  The tree looked awesome surrounded in the field by the little yellow flowers.  I wished I was driving and had a blanket and would have pulled over to take a little nap.

1 comment:

Myndie said...

Sorry, I don't know anyone to set you up with. I've become such a recluse. It stinks that people will only think that looks are the most important.

I think your fear is justifiable because it happens. I would hate for anything to happen to those boys.

Have fun on your vacation!