Sunday, October 14, 2012

Make Your Bed

My Grandpa JD has told me from the time I was a little girl that I should make my bed, as the years have gone on, I have noticed the difference that it makes in my life.  Here is a quote from an article that I read tonight, and I can honestly say after a few years of making my bed, I would have to agree!

"the state of your bed is the state of your head." I think she is on to something. When I leave my bed in a heap, I leave the bedroom feeling defeated by my bed, my alarm clock, and my general sleepy mood. I'm groggy and reluctant to get the day started. My internal voice sounds a bit like the strewn covers, "Noooooo morning! Gooooo awaaaaaay!" 

But when I look at my freshly made bed, I have to admit it: I smile a little. I feel just a bit more motivated. Productive, even. I leave the room saying, "Goodbye beautiful little den of tranquility that I have created with my bare hands!" And I'm ready to tackle the day — crush it, even.

1 comment:

Marcee said...

I just posted a little article on my fb page and they said this also. Read it if you have a minute.