Monday, October 8, 2012

Kidney Stones

Tales of my Kidneys, round 20+

I am blessed to be born with 2 kidneys, however they do not work properly.  They enjoy producing kidney stones and have for the last 12 plus years.  I have been battling this latest round of kidney stones for 3 weeks.  Finally, Saturday after going paint balling (never been before and it was awesome!) and ending up with some pretty amazing welts but my kidney's still being the main cause of my pain, I decided it was time to go in.  Mind you, I am not puking my guts out like I was when all of this began. I look and am acting normal, my right back just has some major flank pains going on.  I drove myself to the ER because I am stubborn like that, I even had an offer for a ride.  Long story short, 15 1/2 hours of waiting later and then 4 1/2 hours of being pumped full of IVs and pain meds I am on the mend and hoping to get this pesky little guy unstuck for the last time and out of my body.  Moral of the story, do not go to University Hospital unless you arrive on an ambulance of life flight and if you look normal, you are going to have a LONG LONG wait.  It might have been better to make myself throw up to get seen sooner, though there were many others who waited even longer than I did.  One guy had gun shot wounds and still had to wait longer than me!!

3 comments:

Myndie said...

dang. I hope you feel better. When I had appendicitis, I had to wait at least 4 hours to be seen and I was in pretty bad shape too. I learned to never go in on new year's day. I hope you feel better soon!

rawhide said...

Glad you´re better-ish. good luck tomorrow with the crazies!!!

Marcee said...

Oh man...that sucks on so many levels. Hope you are on the up and up.