Monday, October 15, 2012

Dating

All weekend I have been lost in thoughts of dating.  No one tells you that you will make a new best friend after you date for awhile, they also don't tell you that you might fall in love (which is terrifying to me) and that it still might end....

Here are some of my quotes I have found interesting on dating.


In its purest form, dating is auditioning for mating (and auditioning means we may or may not get the part).
JOY BROWNE, Dating for Dummies


Successful dating is not a destination, but rather it is a journey. This journey can either continue as marriage or friendship.
NOAH MITCHELL, The Nitty Gritt


Dating isn't fun. It's not always awful, mind you, and sometimes your date will do something unexpected and lovely, like open the door for you and pretend that he likes cats. But the most valuable reason to embark upon a dating spree is for the wisdom--and the great stories.
LAURIE PERRY, Crazy Aunt Purl's Home Is Where the Wine Is


From the minute we're born, boys and girls stare at each other, trying to figure out if they like what they see. Like parade lines, passing each other for mutual inspection. You march, you look. You march, you look. If you're interested, you stop and talk, and if it doesn't work out, you just get back in the parade. You keep marching, and you keep looking.
PAUL REISER, Couplehood

Always remember this: 'A kiss will never miss, and after many kisses a miss becomes a misses'.”
JOHN LENNON

Every great love starts with a great story
NICHOLAS SPARKS

And with because of honesty and no secrets, I am thrown back into the dating pool one less friend in this world.  It seems as though it is impossible to still be friends when both people are still attracted to one another - I learned this the last time.  I am grateful for all that I have learned and for keeping my priorities in check.  My boys mean the world to me and I am glad to have them to focus on and take care of.  I am also grateful for the distraction of school.  What has surprised me out of all of this is that I am not hurting like I thought I would.  I had already done my own internal assessment of the situation and was at peace with where things stood.  And so yet again I have lost someone who has become an integral part of my life, but I am grateful for the time I got and the important life lessons that I learned.  Life must go on!  The last 6 months have been some of the most fun experiences I have had in years.  I don't feel I have truly found myself still post divorce, but I am well on my way!




1 comment:

Marcee said...

Great way to look at things!!! We all need to learn from the things in life that we experience...even if it is good or bad. Knowledge is powerful!