Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Crazy Days & Long Nights

There are days when I wonder how I am going to get all of my school work done. I am not a huge procrastinator and yet it seems like there are new group assignments or new homework assignments that need to be turned in on top of the already crazy work load I have. Then to add to the mix there are days when my boys decide it would be great to turn on the hose and "wash" the living room - thus putting a good inch or so of water in it. Last night they decided that the shampoo bottle needed to be dumped out to make a bubble storm. They tried to clean it up with a tube of brand new toothpaste. You might ask where I am during all of these adventures. I am there, but I seem to be a step behind in cleaning up the messes. I am trying to figure out how to be present in my children's lives without being a slave to their imaginative ways? 


Last week when Heidi was in town we took the boys to Chuck E Cheese and this is how Quinten's creative brain worked.  He would put the token in the carriage and instead of riding in the pumpkin part he decided he wanted to ride the horse as it was moving too.  Kaden saw and thought it was a fun idea as well though he was a little bit more uncomfortable as he is bigger.  There was a little girl who was loving all the free rides she was able to take in Cinderella's carriage thanks to him.  It seemed to be a win-win situation for all.
These are my favorite 3 boys in the entire world!!  Heidi was able to capture this picture thanks to a sucker bribe.  Even though there are days that are crazy and I wish things would be a little bit easier, I try to remember that one day I will miss the days of them being little and so much work.  I love watching them learn and be the active little boys that they are.  One perk to being constantly on the move, today I was able to cinch in my belt another notch!  Soon enough this semester will be over and I should hopefully have straight A's.  Then the nights of little sleep and studying will be worth it.

No comments: