Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Summer Vacation

I am loving that there are less than 2 months left of school and I can plan our summer vacation. My kids are going to see up and down the east coast. 
I have added in the Statue of Liberty.  Too bad the inside is closed for remodeling but at least they will get this view.
I found this cool picture online and it got me excited.  I remember when I was a little girl the boat ride over and how huge it seemed to me.  I am excited to see my kids faces through all these fun events.

I am throwing around the idea of taking them to Niagara Falls & Palmyra New York as well.  I figure I will be so close what's a few more hours.
Anyone know anything else around there we should definitely see?  Because I will be doing all of this in June we will miss the Hill Cumorah pageant and the 4th of July fireworks but it should still be a fun, learning adventure for us.  

Is ground zero a place kids would enjoy seeing or wait until another trip when they are older?  And I am for sure going to take them to the Empire State building too!

Something doable with me and the boys. It is a good thing they are used to road trips with me by now.  I have learned the little tricks to help them get through the day in the car that doesn't involve tons of sugary treats.
I am sure that I will need the month break while they are done with their Dad to recover from it all and to get settled in my new place now I just have to not pack in too much and run out of time so we can see our friends as well as the sights!

I know that Quinten will not remember this trip in the years to come, but hopefully Kaden will remember parts of it and I know that Hyrum will remember it. The boy remembers going to Tijuana to visit Grandpa JD and mopping the winding staircase outside when he was 3 1/2.

Now to just make sure that we all wake up on time these next few weeks and make it to school so that we can go on this trip.  Oh yes and we have to make it through packing and a move first as well.  I need to remember to not jump so far ahead of myself and plan for these other things too.  Priorities Paige, priorities!


Because we will be gone over Kaden's birthday, he is not going to get the birthday party he wants at the new HEB plus behind my house, so hopefully I can just take him in enough once it opens the end of the month he will be ok with it.  He has talked and planned with Hyrum & Quinten his birthday party there since they started building it last summer.  Or else I can plan it for a few weeks early, nothing wrong with a  4 years old's birthday party being 3 weeks early, right?  I have never known a kid who wanted their birthday party held at a grocery store, Kaden is good at being the first for everything.  Maybe I will go in over their grand opening and see if they would give him and a few friends a tour of the bakery or something like they do for field trips and we end up with cookies and cupcakes and the HEBuddy guy.  Anyone have any HEB connections?

1 comment:

Mommydew said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I don't know what your time frame is (or mine for that matter), but if you are passing through NC and need a place to stop (and we haven't moved yet) drop us a line.