Thursday, April 12, 2012

Boys updates

 Hyrum went to the RiverWalk and Tower of the Americas for his school field trip this week. He loved that it was finally time for 2nd grade to get to miss school and do something cooler than Kaden's amusement park field trip.  He is playing soccer and really into scouts these days.  Hyrum is getting so big and really enjoying the fact that school is almost over. He is doing a count down until summer.
 Kaden is into the funny stage where he does and says things that crack me up.  Last night we were playing outside, Kaden said, "Hey Mom take my picture. That's what girl's do in the picture at the car place." Note to self, my kids are more observant than I thought!  He is in a wanting his picture taken all the time stage and my little helper and shadow.  Last weekend the boys spend time with their Dad, yet when Kaden was asked at school what he did, he told his teacher I helped my mom pack up her house and he drew a picture about it "because that's what nice boys do!"
Quinten is really into building with tools- my real ones escape from my tool box on a daily basis.  He fixes everything I never knew was broken.  He is talking up a storm and it is funny to hear him repeat certain phrases that the rest of us have said. It is surprising to hear out of a 2 year old's mouth.  He is also growing and sleeping in in the mornings.  He would rather be playing outside in the back yard or riding his new scooter that the package man brought him a few weeks ago.  Quinten has also taken a fascination with potty training himself though I am trying to hold off because a road trip with a newly potty trained boy does not sound like fun to me.

No comments: