Tuesday, April 17, 2012

memories

I was reading online about how to make places with bad memories not a place that you still hurt in and hide from.  I am actually starting to enjoy my house again. For awhile I felt like I was trapped in a safe place with horrible memories. That was sad to me because this house has lots of wonderful memories made in it as well, I just was not able to bring those to the front of my mind.  I am actually to a point where I am enjoying my house these last few weeks that I am living in it and making some crazy surprising decisions even to me.  Well, the decisions are not crazy but I just see my life taking a few twists and turns which I never even a few weeks would have imagined it taking.  I am enjoying the time spent with the people that help me create these new memories.  It is amazing to me how little bits of information and inspiration make decisions where I was struggling to finalize plans fall in to place.  I believe that I now have a plan and just need to get it moving.  It is so not what I had in mind a few weeks ago.

I am off to Las Vegas tomorrow for a wedding. I get to hang out with my sister Heidi and enjoy our good talks.  Last time I saw her we were both in odd points in our lives with feelings and emotions thanks to recent events. I am thankful to get to enjoy this upcoming weekend and also spend time with my cousins whom I haven't seen in a few years.  It has only been two months since my birthday and I am on my 7th trip.  I think I am well on my way to meeting my 30 trips while I am 30 goal.  Hooray!

And because I am excited for it, here is my new bed. It is not made up fancy right now, but still I feel like a grown up having a headboard now. I found a guy to build it for me off of craigslist. It's solid wood and super sturdy.

2 comments:

Jess said...

that bed is awesome!

Joshua and Tara said...

Love the bed!! Joshua built it for us too! I love the white! Ours is a really dark brown called espresso. Glad you finally got it!