Thursday, February 2, 2012

Winter is Ending, Bring on Spring!!

 Hyrum & a girl sitting in a tree, T-A-L-K-I-N-G!

Today Quinten learned how to rollerblade.  Yes I realize he is only  just turned 2 but he is determined. He has almost pretty much got it mastered in less than 30 minutes!  Not walking, but actual skating!  Now to make a house rule of no skates at the dinner table.  I need to find the kid some full body armor too!!

I love where life is taking us these days.  We are exploring new adventures and trying new things.  Monday the big "change" comes to our house.  I think my kids are ready for it... I am sure there will be many more adjustments but it will be fun for the time that it lasts.  It is a secret and an adventure and something that is taking courage to take on right now.

 This week I had a humbling experience to talk to a friend about divorce as she is getting ready to file herself and to talk to her about life and trials and where they take us.  I remember back to October when I thought my life was falling apart and this was the absolute worst thing that could happen to me... and now even though I am still in the midst of it all to see how strong I am and it's not the worst thing.  Her obstacle she had to overcome before she could take the final step and realize she wasn't quitting, that her husband actually quit on her a long time ago.  She also was worried that she wouldn't be happy.  Tomorrow I get to go with her to meet the attorney, it's a huge step.

I shared with her something that I have learned deep to my core.  If someone is basing their own personal happiness on the behavior of another they really don't know how to find true happiness.  I think that our society leads people to believe that you need others to be happy.  This is a lie, instead it is just tons of pressure that boil up to a lifetime of missed opportunities.  Too many people feel unsure of themselves due to the pressure of their parents and family.  It bottles up over ones lifetime until they explode like a can of soda and cause a huge mess.  Here is one of the best secrets I know.  NO ONE MAKES YOU HAPPY BUT YOURSELF!!!

  I also shared with her that trials are for our good and that as odd as it sounds we should accept trials and be constantly looking for what it is we are supposed to be learning.  Isn't that what life is about, to come and learn and progress and see how we choose to life our lives.  Once I realized for myself that these experiences are for my own good and to not worry about what is out of my control, my fears have pretty much melted away.  Not to say I don't worry but it is what it is and I have healthy and for the most part happy boys.

I hope my random jumbled together thoughts make sense tonight.  All of my boys fell asleep VERY early tonight and I just want everyone to know that life is what we make of it.  Sometimes it is fun to laugh at everything that goes wrong because what use is getting angry.  When you feel like nothing is working out, take the time and make yourself smile. It is hard to be mad when you are smiling Something good has to come to your mind even if just for a short second and focus on that!

No comments: