Monday, February 20, 2012

A new decade

It kills some people that I can be going through what I am and still be happy.  I don't understand it.  I hope that everyone can be happy, truly I do.  I know that being happy comes from within.  I guess there are people in the world who don't think in black and white the way I do.  I am glad that for this point in time I get to choose how I spend my time and what I spend it on.  I love to blog and journal my life, I enjoy looking back on what I have accomplished.  I am grateful for my mind and the way that it works.  I am thankful for having a plan and being financially smart. I am thankful to get to spend my time helping myself and my boys the way I want to spend it not having to add another person in to the mix right now.  I am thankful for my true friends, those who make sure I am living my life to the fullest.


Saturday was my birthday, I turned 30.  This weekend was a great time to reflect on my life. I celebrated with my boys on Friday night. With Heather's help they had made brownies and had sherbet punch. We opened presents that they picked out at the store.  It was neat to see the things that my boys think are important to me that I would like.  Little things down to the candy and mints that I like.  They brought a smile to my face as they showered me with simple gifts.  

On Saturday I woke up early on my own. I was awake and movie at 7:30 on my own. No kids waking me up, just my own body. I still am not a fan of early mornings, but I am waking up most days on my own now and it's something I honestly never imagined I would do in my life. I have sworn forever that I am not a morning person, I guess everyone can change.  My friends took me out to lunch and it was fun laughing about everything. Great friends make all the difference in the world!  It was a wonderful lunch. That night I drove to Houston and had a delicious steak dinner and went out.  I missed my boys, but enjoyed myself alone being able to think about what I wanted to do. 

Sunday night when the boys got home we celebrated with more friends yet again.  It has been a fabulous birthday weekend. More than I ever expected it to be, but looking back it was everything I hoped it would be.  I am ready for the next decade to see where life takes me and where I take myself.

I have made a few goals for myself for this year. One of them is to go on 30 trips while I am 30. Only 29 left to go.  I have a few more already in the works for this summer.

2 comments:

rawhide said...

happy birthday sister!!!!!!!

Myndie said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday Paige. I also think your goal is a great one!!