Sunday, February 5, 2012

Got a glimpse

This weekend I have caught a glimpse of what it will be like when my boys are teenagers and they don't call home and don't respond to text messages or emails.  The worst feeling in the world is if you don't know if you need to file a missing persons report or not.  And at the same time I ask myself, what am I needing to learn from this??  I just want them to know that I love them and I took the time to call and say hi even if they will never know because they can't read phone logs.  How young is too young to get a kid their own cell phone??

I do not like being Nancy Drew!!

3 comments:

Friend in the Gospel said...

Paige, why would you think the kids were missing? Kyle picked them up from you on Friday for his weekend visit...you knew they were safe with their dad!!!!!!

Paige said...

I think my kids are missing after I call to talk to them and no answer for multiple hours in a row and multiple days in a row. Just because their dad picks them up does not mean that something bad can't happen to them or they are put In a jeopardizing situation. I have every right to call and say hi to my children when they are with their dad just as he had the same right when they are with me.

Jess said...

I would suggest getting Hyrum one of those go type phones. when my bro got divorced the judge recommended his daughter have her own way to talk with the other parent when she is not with them. just a suggestion