Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vacation Days

I love my boys and spending time with them.  I also love them being in public school.  The stress of me not being the teacher works for us.  I did home school with Hyrum in kindergarten.  I enjoyed all the time and keeping him safe and learning, but I know for us that public school is the way to go right now.

The school does allow the boys to miss if they are sick, but I wished that just like when adults have jobs they get vacation time, that students in school could have some vacation days to take as well.  Sometimes people come into town and visit and in the past I have been able to take them out of school because they have not missed so much school.  We would have "appointments to go to" that just so happened to be at Chuck E Cheese or the river.  This year with the divorce however, the boys are missing every other week half a day for counseling.  Add that to any time they have gotten sick, this week it was pink eye, and they are at their max of missing school.  

And I am sad because I loved the time as a kid my mom would let me miss and we would go have special dates just her and I and this year I can't do that with my boys.  Summer vacation can't get here fast enough.... less than 10 weeks!!

No comments: