Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Almost Thanksgiving!

Day20
Today I am thankful for my house and the comforts in it. After being homeless for awhile this year, having a secure roof over my head and a place to call my own is wonderful! I love knowing I have my own bed to crawl in to at night and food and covers to keep me warm at night. The other things are great and wonderful and I am thankful for the people who took my boys and I in....but there is something about being an adult and being able to provide for basic needs independent of others!

Day 19
Today my real thankful is for Stewart Cramer (AKA Possible Uncle Stu.) He makes my sister Tia happy like no one else has - even though he jokes about common law marriage I know one day he will marry her because he loves her.... loves the crazy Zoey dog.... and will skype with my boys at any time he is home....builds a mean sand castle.... can be serious but is more playful and fun.... allows me to sleep in his office and use his pillow and blanket when I show up at a few hours notice from a foreign country.... and is coming for Christmas this year with my sister and her dog. Let the fun begin!


Day 18

Today I'm thankful for my Aunt Gerane. Today she passed away but at least she is finally with her parents and siblings with whom she has missed for years!  Her funeral is this Saturday in Malad, Idaho.  She was the last of the Apgoods around and even though she had a pretty painless death thanks to the comforts of medicines in the hospital, I could not imagine having a broken leg, pneumonia, rapid heart rate along with her memory problems from all her mini strokes.  This picture was from the last time I got to see her alive, she had been moved out of her home into an assisted living facility and luckily remembered who I was.  She did not remember that I had moved out of Utah years before, but at least she seemed content in her life.  I am so glad that she is not with her MaMa and Daddy as she called them and for the years that I spent living close to her in Ogden.  I learned so many things about my own Mom's dad (my grandpa) who passed away when I was a baby.  You will be missed Gerane, but I am sure you are racing around in heaven without your cane.  I will always remember her playing ball with Hyrum and having an unlimited supply of sodas and hi-c juice boxes in her fridge.  I loved that she would take us out to eat for dinner when it was a true treat for us, and that she helped me slow down my own life and enjoy scenic drives through the country.  Visits to Utah will not be the same without going to her house on 20th Street but I am glad to know she finally got her wish to be with her family once again!



No comments: