Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pre Trek Pictures

I have so many pictures from Peru I don't even know where to begin.  If you follow me on instagram or we are facebook friends, you have seen some of these.  These are going to be pre-trek pictures.
There are many beautiful churches. I loved the architectural details of them. They were amazing lit up at night as well.
Brian & I in front of the Inkan warrior man fountain.
Beautiful Andies Mountains!
I picked for us to go paragliding in the sacred valley.  We got in on Sunday morning and Monday morning we were off.
Here I am flying super high. We were caught in an updraft and after we had started our descent we started going higher and higher until we were above the eagles!
Heidi & I after we landed in the field. My pilot and I almost took out a little Peruvian boy on our way down.
Brian & Chris having their turn flying.
Who cares if one doesn't have their driver's license on them. When the pilot asks you to drive his van down the mountain to pick him and the guys, you start the weaving and hope that the brakes are in good working order.
Peruvian women wear their hair in braids. It means different things if their hair is in one brain, two, two pulled together and connected in the ends, multiple small braids.  Also, their hats tell which region of Peru they are from.
This is a funny picture. Shows how much alike my siblings and I are. Heidi and I both are standing the same way, reaching into our pockets the same way, and both going for chap stick.  There were many times on this trip where we had many of the same mannerisms

No comments: