Sunday, December 1, 2013

A kiss

Today has been the perfect ending to our Thanksgiving break.  We started out visiting a friend's ward where Hyrum was originally worried he wouldn't know anyone.  When I picked him up, he asked if we could visit again because he knew a few of the boys in his primary class from cub scouts.  I have been able to watch the 2 movies I am required to watch for school and work on my paper that is due tonight.  The movies are not love stories, but have an element of romance in them and it is funny when the couples kiss to see Hyrum glance over at me and roll his eyes.  Kaden and Quinten ask me when it will be my turn to fall in love and kiss on the lips.  They both are convinced that if you kiss on the lips you will get married and are in love.

I have had the opportunity to go on a few dates with different guys in the last few months and it is interesting as I evaluate them in my mind after going out with them.  I have come to the conclusion that I want someone who is my friend first and then it turns into a romantic relationship next.  I want to find someone who will talk to me and listen and who enjoys reading and has life plans and goals for the future.  I want someone who encourages me to make correct choices and I don't feel like I am being ignored and just a piece of meat.  I want someone who knows that my love languages are quality time and acts of service and knows how to effectively implement them in our relationship.  I want to be important and loved and someone who will be the "Terry Eleiott" for my boys.  I want to find someone who will play tourist with me no matter what town or city we are in.  I want someone who is willing to come to me and doesn't always make me go to them.

After a lot of pondering and grief, it is safe to say I am in a position once again where I am willing to open my heart and give it my all and see what is returned.  I am looking for the thrills that life has to offer me.

1 comment:

Myndie said...

I'm happy that you are in a place to open your heart once again. I think it's wonderful!