Sunday, May 26, 2013

we are alive!

I guess it is time to update the old blog again now that school is out!  This semester sure has been a crazy busy one.  I have survived 3 kids with a week of pink eye at the same time, one tonsillectomy, 3 different bouts of the same child with ear infections, numerous colds and runny noses, 2 boys with croup, losing my own voice two separate times, last week was my Grandpa JD's funeral in Oregon, 2 confirmed cases of pneumonia and one asthma attack at my house and yet I have had friends step up again and help me with my boys & food when I couldn't take any more time off and I'm exhausted. Through this all, I managed to work hard and get straight As while taking 16 hours of school.   We managed to squeeze in some fun trips as well.

I am at my mom's house for Memorial Day weekend and she has been asking me what I have learned this semester.  The thing that sticks out to me the most is not that the academics, but the fact that I was able to keep my head above water and succeed.  I know that I could not have done what I did without the help of my Father in Heaven.  I am grateful for the lessons I have learned that I can stand on my own 2 feet.

I am thankful for all the help I can get because I am cramming in 15 hours during this first term of summer school.  6 weeks of craziness, but if this semester goes like the rest, the time will be over before I know it.  We have all sorts of fun trips planned for June and August so watch for us possibly driving to a town near you.

Hyrum is wrapping up 3rd grade and if you ask him about school will tell you that he has mastered the multiplication standard and passed the STARR test.  He is ready for summer vacation because he doesn't think it is fair that his little brothers are finished with school 3 weeks before him.  Hyrum has also enjoyed the benefits of being older and starting to work.  In the last week he has worked many hot hours in the San Antonio sun mowing laws.  He had 3 jobs in a week and another this weekend at Grandma's house.  He has a goal to save up to buy a segway.  He is also still talking about joining the Army when he grows up and starting to wonder what he has to do to get into West Point.

Kaden finished up preschool with his wonderful teachers Mrs. Pena and Mrs Crystal.  He learned so much during this last year and I pray that he is ready for kindergarten in the fall.  He does not turn 5 until mid June so he will be one of the youngest in his class.  He and Hyrum were lucky enough to draw slots in the lottery for the charter school near our house for next year.  I trust that things will work out for them both as things are falling into place.

Quinten still my crazy free loving child.  He is witty and can always make you smile.  He too finished up the school year with amazing teachers.  He loves Mrs. Cindy and Mrs. Maltos.  He tested 2 years above his age in many things.  He is still attached to Snowey Bear and drags him around with him any time he is allowed.  TinTin also LOVES gum.  If you want him to talk, talk to him about gum, but be warned once you get him started talking about it, you will never hear the end of it.

And now what my family has been waiting for, pictures


 Kaden giving my SpiderMan kisses through the gates at school.
 TinTin being his usual fearless self.
 Hyrum getting his first segway lesson from our friends.
 Kaden enjoying the roller coasters at Circus Circus during our trip to Vegas for Spring Break.  When you ask him what his favorite thing about his Mom it is that I take him to roller coasters.  When we go on special dates he asks for us to be able to ride more.
Quinten wants to fall asleep holding my hand.  If I can get him to lay still he will grab y hand and quickly pass out for the night.
 Our adventure to Vegas.
Hyrum wants a surf board for Christmas.  
 My hard working 9 year old!
 We went to the beach Saturday night and Quinten slept in the van the entire time because we wiped him out walking at NASA earlier in the day.  He was awake for the fairy boat ride that night though and was cute when after riding across he asked when we were going to get on our "cruise ship" and ride back.
Waiting for the waves to come in.  This picture makes them look teeny tiny, but for Galveston they were actually on yellow flag for the evening because of wave height.  I love love love what water does for Hyrum.  It calms him like nothing else can.

1 comment:

rawhide said...

yeah for a fun weekend!!!