Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer preview

Sometimes you just need your family!

After a fun filled weekend at Grandma's, we got home to Grandpa coming for a visit.  My Dad came to help me watch the boys for a week.  I think his timing being here was perfect, he helped me watch all my health videos for my May-mester class and I think it is safe to say he got more out of it than me.  It was nice having someone to talk to and bounce ideas off of for my class and to help me figure out my new classes.  My Dad is a very smart man, I might not always understand the way he teaches, but he is definitely someone fun to have around.  The boys enjoyed spending time with Grandpa and kept calling him Grandpa JD (my Dad's dad who recently passed away) at times.

My Dad left for the weekend and Aunt Heidi came to town.  She spent so much time setting up Camp Aunt Heidi.  She planned all sorts of fun ideas for the boys, and my brother's kids as well.  You can read the play by play over on her blog here.  She already talked to the boys about what they are going to do next year.  They tell me they are flying on an airplane!  The saddest part for me was when she left and Kaden woke up the next morning asking where Aunt Heidi was.  Thanks Heidi for all you did for the boys, you are truly super woman! 

Aunt Heidi left and Aunt Heather flew into town.  She is here helping until the end of the month.  So far they have made cookies, rode bikes, and relaxed.  The boys have asked to do just that.  She has some fun plans brewing too.  Thanks to Aunt Heather's new ipad when I am gone to school way too late I am able to facetime with the boys.  Thank you Steve Jobs!

I am swamped with school deadlines during the week but have managed to play most weekends so far.  Sitting for 8-10 hours a day in a gray room with no windows and a fifteen minute break makes for some very long days.  I am so grateful for my family stepping in and making it possible for me to continue my schooling.  School is definitely a challenge and I could probably stand to put more time and effort into my studies, but it is the summer and I'm realizing it's ok to settle for As and Bs.

Lest you think the other aunts and uncle are left out, we have had trips or face-timed with them at least weekly.  Like I said, sometimes you just need family!  Looking back I don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for as many hours as I did, but I will make it through and be that much closer to graduating.

Here are pictures I had taken for Mother's Day.  
 This one shows the boys personalities.  Hyrum attempting to keep a straight face and not be embarrassed by his little brothers.  Kaden laughing at something he did or said.  Quinten waiting for the perfect opportunity to bolt.

 Kaden

 Hyrum
 Quinten & I.  TinTin took a nap on the way to pictures, so he was not wanting his picture taken very much or wanted to cling to me and not leave my side.
 We tried for a piling up picture, at first we didn't think it was going too well, then this picture was captured.  I love it!
 Me and my team of crazies.  Without these boys, life would be boring.

No comments: