Sunday, December 4, 2011

Grateful

Today I am grateful for the unexpected extra time with my boys.  I love the way they are each others best friends. Happily playing one moment then driving each other up the wall until one accidentally gets hurt then how they swoop in and try to make everything all better again.  

I love how Quinten, now sleeping in a big boy bed, taps the extra pillow in his bed and says "Mom sw-eep!" Then flashes me his grin and his eyes light up because he knows he can get me to snuggle him for a few minutes.  He has my eyes.  They are the greenest green and full of joy and light.  I love his adventurous soul.  He is afraid of nothing.  He knows that sometimes stealing toys from his brothers will land him being hit, but he does it anyways and braces for the moment. He doesn't care, he wants to be big like the other 2 and is fighting mighty hard to fill the shoes of an almost 2 year old.

I love how when it is time for bed that Kaden wants to tell me everything about his day and ask questions about the craziest topics I didn't know he even knew about. I love that he knows that everything great comes from Jesus Christ and he is not afraid to let you know that he knows.  He is quite the little missionary at 3 1/2.  His teacher at school tells me that he teachers her his church lessons during their one on one time.  I love that he sometimes pushes the boundaries to see if he will be lassoed back in or if he will be allowed to fun wild and free for awhile.

I love Hyrum and enjoy how he knows if he picks a book that I like that we haven't read for awhile that he can suck me into reading for longer than I usually might.  We have fun reading together and I love that I can "accidentally" read the wrong word and know that he is following along and will correct me.  He is a smart boy and is always up for adventure and travel. He might want a movie to watch until he gets there and once we get there he might complain a little but but afterwards he talks about the memories he has made and the fun that he has had. If he is lucky enough to do something by himself he usually wants to be able to bring his brothers back with him.  I also enjoy watching him grown up and realizing that girls are not so bad after all and that right now he would prefer to play with a friend who is a girl than a friend who is a boy because "she just is better!"

Being a Mother is not a gift that everyone on this Earth gets.  It truly is a gift, it is real and I am thankful every day that I have these 3 crazy boys to call mine!

No comments: