Thursday, November 24, 2011

Coming Together

With today being Thanksgiving I figure I better let you all know some things that I am really truly grateful for. 

First is my health. I have never been a morning person, in the past when I would wake up early many days in a row I would physically get sick.  Well I have been getting up with Hyrum almost every single day since school started and granted I have been exhausted come 10 o'clock at night, but I have been able to get up with him and still function throughout the day and still I am surviving!


It helps that I have figured out how to get Kaden - the non-easy-to-put-to-bed kid to fall asleep most nights rather quickly.  Primary music and sleeping with his big brother. These 2 both are head butters and steam rollers in the night. They don't sleep still and they both love to snuggle.  My solution, have them sleep together!  Hyrum's bed is big enough for the both, though I found out at my mom's house this week they like to share a twin bed as well. Most nights I have to put them down on their own but if they wake up they tend to help one another. That is a blessing!  Hyrum used to get so upset with Kaden but now with Kyle leaving, Hyrum has stepped it up a lot. I thank his wonderful counselor for that! And night times are a little bit more peaceful and way less stressful around our house.

I am thankful for the gospel for how it helps me to be a better person and to not give up when things get so hard and help me to know how and when to forgive. I am thankful to have a Temple so close and be able to go inside to find peace and solace from everything going on in my life!

I am also thankful for my friends who allow me to talk and bounce my thoughts off them and help me realize that I am normal and not all the things that I have been told by someone who should love me unconditionally. Friends make the world a better place.

Since me having kids and my own parents getting divorced 3 1/2 years ago, we have pulled together more and are friends who talk a lot and like getting together even though we all live in different cities all over the states. I see the same things happening in my kids even from such a young age. I am grateful that cell phones were invented and that long distance phone calls do not cost per minute to make. I am grateful that I can call and text any time day or night and know that someone will get back to me shortly if they don't answer. Along with this goes the internet, being able to see the people that I talk to on skype of facetime makes talking even more fun.

There are so many things that bring me joy in life. I am thankful for a day to reflect about it all during this time in my life!

No comments: