Sunday, July 15, 2012

Looking ahead/Back

One week from today I will be on an airplane flying South to Peru.  Who knows, maybe I will get so lucky as to have a llama pose like this for me while I am there.  Before I go though I have lots of things to work on and need to finish getting everything ready for school for the fall for the boys and I.  July is half way over before I knew it and for that I am so grateful!

This week I have been paying attention to some crazy holidays like international kissing day, national chocolate day, national french fry day.  It has been fun.  I also have gone of 3 super fun dates with each of my boys.  Hyrum's by far finished off the week well though because he had the entire day planned down to calling me from day care to pick him up a few hours early so we could get a lunch date. He had us getting anything important done that I needed to for him first which included a trip to CostCo and the post office, then we played legos and had a nerf gun fight. We made strawberry jam and went to the lake to go kayaking and swim and finished up the night with an unplanned event of playing in the rain.  

I started out the month dreading this time alone, yet it has been nice to have the time to get many things done that would have taken much more time and effort with my boys around. It has also allowed me to have lots of time to think and play and focus on myself which doesn't happen very often.  I am grateful to be me.  Now if I could just love myself to get to sleep at a decent hour.

No comments: